Expand my Community achievements bar.

drop down is not retaining value in composite multifield

Level 2

I am using granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select inside coral multifield.

If I select any value in drop-down and submit the dialog, value is stored in jcr:content  but if I open the dialog again drop-down does not populate stored value.

I am working on AEM 6.3 SP1 Cumulative package 2, coral ui 3 and for multifield I am using acs-commons-3.14

10 Replies

Level 10

When you use granite/coral multifield - you do not need to use ACS-Commons.

Level 10

Just tested the package in this article and the Select field in the MF is holding the value when you close and re-open the dialog. See the SIZE field. As mentioned in this article - when using the Granite/MF type - you do not need to use ACS-Commons like you do when using the Granite Multifield.

MF11.png

Level 10

If you do not get the same results - lets setup a Connect Session. Try installing the package on a fresh AEM 6.3 instance to see this working.

Level 2

I want to store multi-field value in json format. It working fine and storing but storing in node structure. Is there any way to achieve?

Level 10

why do you want to change how 6.3 granite/coral MF internally stores data. This is never seen by users. Its hidden.

Level 2

We are migrating existing component from classic to touch UI, classic UI is storing data in JSON and it has been used in many production pages. Without breaking the system we need to setup touch UI dialog such like that it will store and retrieve existing JSON.

Level 10

There is no way to make that change. The coral/granite MF stores data as nodes.

you need to build your AEM 6.3 components using the functionality that the coral/granite resource types provide As opposed to making them work like classic ui components.

Level 2

It is working fine on my environment, but it is storing multi-field value is in node structure.  I want to store multi-field value in json format for that we are using acs-common.

Level 2

Hi, I have same case I am using drop down in multifield but after authoring and saving drop-down value has changed as first one.

(after saving drop-down not return selected one.)

I need to use acs-common genericlist,

can you please suggest me ?

<testDropDown

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

fieldLabel="Test Heading"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select"

name="./dropDwonTest">

<datasource

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="acs-commons/components/utilities/genericlist/datasource"

path="/etc/acs-commons/lists/test/testIndex"/>

</testDropDown>