Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Drag and drop page from asset finder on parsys

Level 1

We are trying to drag and drop a page from the asset finder onto a parsys on another page. After dropping the page, it should create a specific component with this page.

We defined a drop target config on our component

<cq:dropTargets jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <pages jcr:primaryType="cq:DropTargetConfig" accept="[*]" groups="[page]" propertyName="./pages"> </pages> </cq:dropTargets>

On our page we defined an assetToComponentMapping

<assetToComponentMapping jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"> <teaser jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" assetGroup="page" droptarget="pages" resourceType="components/components/content/teaser" type="Pages"/> </assetToComponentMapping>

When we try to drag and drop a page on the parsys. Nothing happens (no errors in logs, javascript or anything else).

When we try to do the same on the classic ui, the only thing we see is that the parsys doesn't accept pages. 

Why doesn't this work?

4 Replies

Level 1

smacdonald2008​ are you able to provide any insight in to this, I am having the same issue as well using 6.3 SP2.

I have configured my drop target on my component as well as the assetToComponent mapping on my template. The UI gives the impression it is allowed, although when it is dropped the resource is not saved to the repo.

Thanks!

Level 10

I am not clear here - you are trying to drop a page?

Level 1

smacdonald2008​ Im trying to drop a page from the asset finder on to a component that contains an embedded parsys. Specifically we are creating a carousel wrapper component that contains a parsys for slides (Slides component). We want to drop a page from the asset finder on to the carousel wrapper component, essentially so we can drag and drop slides. I have my dropTarget configured as well as my assetToComponent mappings. Although no resource is created. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

Level 1

smacdonald2008​ line #31 of /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/assetController/page/PageDragAndDrop.js is checking for the existence of "dropTargetId".

dropTargetId = $(event.target).attr('data-asset-id')

data-asset-id doesnt appear to exist and the function is just returning.