to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Domains Show Content From Each Other - Dispatcher

EEPeece
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We are running 6.2 and using IIS on our web servers.   We have multiple domains set up as their own farms.  Each domain's content is in a separate folder under content. (/content/Domain_A_Folder   and /content/Domain_B_Folder)  In the dispatcher we use filters like: 

/0001 { /type "deny" /glob "*" }

/0023 {/type  "allow" /url "/content/domain_A_Folder*" }

However, visitors can successfully browse to http://domainA/content/domain_B_Folder/domain_B_Page.html  and vice versa. 

I tried adding a specific deny (for example, in Domain A)

/0024 {/type "deny" /url "/content/domain_B_Folder*" }

But that didn't help. 

Any suggestions? 

3 Replies
Gaurav-Behl
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Use path to filter requests on IIS handler mappings.

enable "allowPathInfo" and change path from * to /content/folder_A/* and similar for other domains

check Adding Handlers <add> | Microsoft Docs

EEPeece
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response.  When I try this I get a 503 service unavailable error.  I might have configured it in the wrong place?  I configured this on the entry for the IsapiModule disp_iis.dll (changed allowPathInfo to True and changed the path to /content/domain_folder/*   ) 

Gaurav-Behl
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Revert the changes for ISAPI-dll

For each domain you'd have two common entries, modify that path from * to specific pattern per domain like /content/path_A/*

Dispatcher configuration would take care of enabling/disabling "dispatcher" for a particular path

StaticFile configuration would take care of enabling/disabling "static files" to be served by IIS or be blocked

1729105_pastedImage_0.png

In addition to that, you may utilize Request filtering per domain to reject specific patterns

1729178_pastedImage_1.png

aemmarc
Employee
Employee

Hi

Unrelated to your initial ask, but wanted to make you aware that AEM 6.2 is End-of-core-support at the end of this month. 04/30/2019.

I encourage you to explore an upgrade path.

All Apps Help | Products and technical support periods

EEPeece
Level 1
Level 1

I'm still not having any luck.  I apologize for not getting this.  The person responsible for this environment (and his backup ) have both left the company and we are looking to hire someone to look after AEM.  I looked after after it back when it was IIS 6 and CQ 5.2 and just one domain - but much has changed and I'm obviously struggling.  It looks like every time I add a handler mapping or some request filtering, it adds it for all the domains - so the other domains give errors (they are all under the same content folder - domains visited controlled by url rewrites).  I did some googling and found the web.config location section with a path attribute - I tried adding a system.webServer under a new location section for just one domain - and added a request filter to another domains content - but this didn't appear to do anything. 

1729647_pastedImage_0.png

Gaurav-Behl
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Use GUI, select a site and then modify its configurations rather than global configs

1729811_pastedImage_0.png