Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Domain root of a website

Level 3

Hi all I need to add some files in the domain root of my AEM website for comodo validation.

Can you please help in specifying where the domain root will be ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can try one of the following approaches:

1. Configure your dispatcher web server to send the file. This can be achieved in a variety of ways in apache (e.g. mod_alias).

2. Add the required file to the appropriate location in AEM. Generally the path would be something like /content/yoursite/en/<file-goes-here>.txt, and you would make use of the mod_rewrite and/or resource mapping to remove /content/yoursite/en/ from the public URL.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

I have asked internal experts to share some information here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee

You can try one of the following approaches:

1. Configure your dispatcher web server to send the file. This can be achieved in a variety of ways in apache (e.g. mod_alias).

2. Add the required file to the appropriate location in AEM. Generally the path would be something like /content/yoursite/en/<file-goes-here>.txt, and you would make use of the mod_rewrite and/or resource mapping to remove /content/yoursite/en/ from the public URL.

Employee

Note: For approach (2), the standard sites/siteadmin UIs will not allow you to place the file there, however you can make use of CRXDE (or another mechanism like a content package or the Sling REST API) to create the file.

Administrator

Thanks a lot Joseph for sharing your thoughts here.

Adding a reference post :- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// URL rewriting using apache mod_rewrite along with dispatcher 

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni