Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does AEM Query builder API allow searching the Content Fragment Core component's content included within a Page?

Level 2

Hi All,

Please advise if AEM Query builder API supports searching of Content Fragment's (Adobe's Core component) content included within a Page.

I have added a Content Fragment core component on an empty content page (newly created) and authored all the required values for the component including fragmentPath. The component renders as expected and displays the Content Fragment data. However, when I tried searching for the data within content fragment using the following sample queries through Query Builder Debugger, it did not return any results. I am not sure if any new predicates are needed to enable the search functionality for content fragments.

Query Builder query 1:

type=cq:Page

path=<search path>(e.g., /content/we-retail/us/en)

fulltext=<searchterm> (e.g., winter)

Query Builder query 2:

type=cq:Page

path=<search path>(e.g., /content/we-retail/us/en)

fulltext=<searchterm> (e.g., winter)

contentfragment

AEM Version: 6.3.3.0

AEM Core Components Version: 2.5.0

Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

kautuk sahni  smacdonald2008

21 Replies

Level 2

@pravinb2619228  No, I just followed the recommendation and used "/apps/core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment" component instead of "/apps/core/wcm/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment". Also, I didn't want to override the core component code to achieve the required search functionality as it would be an additional maintenance on our side while upgrading to newer versions of core components or AEM. I think it would probably be better to create a new component which you can manage/maintain as part of your project.