Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Does ACS commons EmailService support Office365(Cloud version)

Level 2

We are using ACS commons EmailService to send emails from the AEM. Till now we are using Adobe SMTP server and now we are working on upgrading it to the our company SMTP server. But we are using office 365(Cloud version). We updated Day CQ Mail Services with cloud account details (host : smtp.office365.com).

We are getting 'java.net.UnknownHostException: smtp.office365.com' error in the logs. I just want to check with community on ACS commons EmailService's support for Office365

Any help on this is greatly appreciated...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

ACS Commons mail service simply uses the OOTB AEM Day CQ Mail Service (it just calls that after composing the email from a template) - so in terms of what mail service ACS Commons Email Service can integrate, is wholly dependent on what OOTB AEM Day CQ Mail service can integrate with.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @kgiribabu ,

As per documentation, Enter all of the relevant information for your current SMTP provider. If you don’t have or can’t easily get SMTP set up within your organization, a Gmail account works for testing.

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/e-mail/email-api/index.html

So I believe using Office365 should not be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Level 2
Thanks @Bimmi_Soi. We have configured our own SMTP with Office 365 and after updating those config in the 'Day CQ Mail Services' I see unknow host exception..

Correct answer by
Employee

ACS Commons mail service simply uses the OOTB AEM Day CQ Mail Service (it just calls that after composing the email from a template) - so in terms of what mail service ACS Commons Email Service can integrate, is wholly dependent on what OOTB AEM Day CQ Mail service can integrate with.

Level 2

Also check for VPN, Sometime VPN or Antivirus block the SMTP connection.