Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dispather PDF Flush/Invalidate Issues

Level 3

Hi, 

I am trying to to activate a PDF/Image from DAM assets but the Flush has not been triggering even though they are successfully activated, however the HTML files does not seem to have the issue and i have allowed the PDF in the /invalidate section. Any pointers here. Tried it with the OOTB WKND site as well and seeing the same issue.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.29.07 AM.png

10 Replies

Community Advisor

did you change the order and number and try

/0003
{
/glob "*.pdf"
/type "allow"
}

anything from dispatcher logs?

are these pdf files appearing fine in publish instance?

Level 10

@ragucis please confirm, if this issue is with all the assets or only with pdf. There is no issue with the rule as I can see.

Community Advisor

Hi @ragucis 

can you check number of the rule number? It should be /0016 

thanks,

Aditya Chabuku 

Thanks,

Aditya Chabuku

Community Advisor

Hello @ragucis 

Is this a cloud or an AEM 6.5 instance?

Aanchal Sikka

Community Advisor

For AEMaaCS, I guess you have already considered the cached Assets on CDN. If you want to customize Asset caching, there is default caching behavior which needs to be disabled, 

Please refer to following:

New default caching behavior on Caching in AEM as a Cloud Service | Adobe Experience Manager

The AEM layer sets cache headers depending on whether the cache header has already been set and the value of the request type. If no cache control header is set, public content is cached, and authenticated traffic is set to private. If a cache control header is set, the cache headers are left untouched.

Cache control header exists? Request type AEM sets cache headers to
No public Cache-Control: public, max-age=600, immutable
No authenticated Cache-Control: private, max-age=600, immutable
Yes any unchanged

While not recommended, it is possible to change the new default behavior to follow the older behavior (program ids equal or lower than 65000) by setting the Cloud Manager environment variable AEM_BLOB_ENABLE_CACHING_HEADERS to false.

Now, images in blob storage that are marked private cannot be cached at the Dispatcher using Permission Sensitive Caching. The image is always requested from the AEM origin and served if the user is authorized.

NOTE

The other methods, including the dispatcher-ttl AEM ACS Commons project, do not successfully override the values.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

hi @aanchal-sikka i am trying to debug some issues and trying to invalidate on my local AEM setup and using AEMcloudSDK jar.

Administrator

@ragucis Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni