Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dispatcher Cache Issue

Level 2

My dispatcher is making cache when I hit my publisher with IP. However when I hit the same page with domain which is localhost it is not making cache. Any thoughts ? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Randeep_virk 

It looks like virtual host is configured with IP and not domain. Can you check if the /virtualhosts section in your dispatcher.any file includes both the IP address and localhost domain

Something like this?

/virtualhosts { "127.0.0.1" "localhost" }

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Randeep_virk ,

It's possible that the dispatcher is not caching the page when accessed via the domain name due to a configuration issue. Here are some things you can check:

1. Verify the dispatcher configuration: Check the dispatcher configuration to ensure that the domain name is correctly configured. Make sure that the `virtualhosts` section in the dispatcher configuration file (`dispatcher.any`) includes the domain name and that it is mapped to the correct publisher.

2. Check the DNS configuration: Verify that the DNS configuration for the domain name is correct. Ensure that the domain name is correctly mapped to the IP address of the publisher.

3. Check the request headers: When accessing the page via the domain name, check the request headers to ensure that they are correctly configured. Make sure that the `Host` header is set to the domain name and that it matches the `virtualhosts` configuration in the dispatcher.

4. Check the dispatcher logs: Check the dispatcher logs to see if there are any errors or warnings related to the domain name. The logs may provide more information about the issue.

5. Clear the dispatcher cache: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try clearing the dispatcher cache and accessing the page again via the domain name. This will force the dispatcher to cache the page again and may resolve any caching issues.

By checking the dispatcher configuration, DNS configuration, request headers, and logs, you should be able to identify and resolve any issues preventing the dispatcher from caching the page when accessed via the domain name.

Community Advisor

Hi @Randeep_virk 
Please check if there is a different config for localhost virtualhost

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Randeep_virk 

It looks like virtual host is configured with IP and not domain. Can you check if the /virtualhosts section in your dispatcher.any file includes both the IP address and localhost domain

Something like this?

/virtualhosts { "127.0.0.1" "localhost" }

Administrator

@Randeep_virk Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni