Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

disable metadatata schema properties edit functionality

Level 2

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I am supposed to disable the metadata schema edit functionality for particular group (For AEM assets). I have my schema under /conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema. Please help me go about it. I am working on Version 6.2.0.SP1-CFP9

Thanks in advance

5 Replies

Level 10

Login to 'useradmin' console (localhost:4502/useradmin) as administrator and just keep the 'Read' permission on the path specified '/conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema'  and uncheck all other permissions

Level 2

I already have read permissions for '/conf/global/settings/dam/adminui-extension/metadataschema' for my particular user group but it does not help

Level 10

For the same group, remove the modify/create/delete permissions on that path.

Make sure that the users' own ACLs are not overriding group's permissions or same user is not a part of other groups that has "edit" access. Resolve ACL related conflicts, if any.

Alternatively, you can validate the "Effective permissions" for same user/group on that path via /crx/de console.

Community Advisor

I just gave it a try. PF the screen shots

1712306_pastedImage_0.png

1712307_pastedImage_1.png

1712308_pastedImage_2.png

Are you setting permissions to group or individual user ? For the user you are testing make sure there is no conflicting permissions from any other group he is into

Community Advisor

Please let me know if you are not able to achieve this using permissions, which you should be if there is no permission conflict.

You can do kind of show/hide using render conditions

Render Conditions — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Arun Patidar