Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disable CUGs on Author

Former Community Member

Hi,

I want to disable CUGs on our author instance. I have unchecked the "Enable CUG Roots" checkbox for CUGSupportImpl in author. Still rep:policy nodes are getting created for the pages. Can anyone suggest what we are doing wrong.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Since CUG are disabled by default in author, I wonder why the component is enabled in the first place. Rather than unchecking the box, I'd suggest removing the component's configuration entirely (which will fully disable it).

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Since CUG are disabled by default in author, I wonder why the component is enabled in the first place. Rather than unchecking the box, I'd suggest removing the component's configuration entirely (which will fully disable it).

Regards,

Justin

Former Community Member

Hi Justin, 

Thanks for your answer. However, CUGSupportImpl component is not disabled by default. It's in enabled state. When we add CUG to page on author, it creates rep:policy for that page on author which is causing issue.

We dont need rep:policy on author.

Level 10

PJindal wrote...

Hi Justin, 

Thanks for your answer. However, CUGSupportImpl component is not disabled by default. It's in enabled state. When we add CUG to page on author, it creates rep:policy for that page on author which is causing issue.

We dont need rep:policy on author.

Which version of aem & service pack you are using?   For sure default is disabled, probabily check with team if they have enabled generally it is enabled to test the impersonate.

Former Community Member

Hi Justin,

The answer you posted didn't make sense earlier as config file for CugSupportImpl has been there for forever I have seen. But, I double checked and you were right. I removed the config file and CUG got disabled on author. Thanks for your answer.

Employee

Hi,

To my knowledge, CUG support has always only been enabled in publish. The only OOTB configuration is at /libs/cq/security/config.publish/com.day.cq.auth.impl.cug.CugSupportImpl, which, based on the folder path, is only active in publish.

Regards,

Justin