Expand my Community achievements bar.

dialog for siteadmin

Level 4

Hi,

Is there a way to show a different dialog in siteadmin? Maybe is a functionality of cq, i was thinking for example a specific name to assign to the dialog (dialog, design_dialog...)

I'm able to do that only with an extra tab to set hidden when the dialog is loading, the check is on the presence of the string siteadmin inside the url.

Thanks

5 Replies

Level 10

which dialog of siteadmin are you referring to ?? and what is your usecase ?

Administrator

samuel786431 wrote...

Hi,

Is there a way to show a different dialog in siteadmin? Maybe is a functionality of cq, i was thinking for example a specific name to assign to the dialog (dialog, design_dialog...)

I'm able to do that only with an extra tab to set hidden when the dialog is loading, the check is on the presence of the string siteadmin inside the url.

Thanks

Hi Samuel

Any updates ? Please explain your problem in bit more details? As asked by Lokesh, "which dialog of siteadmin are you referring to ?? and what is your usecase ?".

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

the dialog of the page properties. The dialog open with the sidekick (first tab, page properties) must be different of the dialog open with the sideadmin (right click on the page and then page properties)

Thanks

Level 10

Is this the dialog you are talking about: 

You want this to be different from the dialog you open from sidekick in Classic? 

Page properties dialog are tied to templates. Btw why would you want to have two different dialog for the same 'action'. Rather add the tab what ever you want to the page properties dialog which can be used by the authors accordingly.

Many a times its also educating the authors on how to use the dialogs and components.