Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Design Importer issue with SVG objects in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi,

We have been using design importer to create interactive pages using SVG objects in AEM 6.1. We are now migrating from 6.1 to AEM 6.3 and the zip files that we used in 6.1 are not working in a similar manner in AEM 6.3.  In 6.3 all SVG objects are getting downloaded instead of showing up on the page. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Regards,

Prahlad

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes.

SVG assets are not streamed by default as a security practice.

The mimetype image/svg-xml is blacklisted in the DAM Safe Binary Filter. So you'd need to remove it from the blacklist.

If it's still downloading you may need to disable the Apache Sling Content Disposition Filter -- but that's not recommended.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes.

SVG assets are not streamed by default as a security practice.

The mimetype image/svg-xml is blacklisted in the DAM Safe Binary Filter. So you'd need to remove it from the blacklist.

If it's still downloading you may need to disable the Apache Sling Content Disposition Filter -- but that's not recommended.

Level 2

I tried both options but no success. I can see DAM Safe Binary Filter config is not part of AEM 6.1 and Apache Sling Content Disposition Filter is also different.

Level 2

Did not worked yesterday but when I checked back again today t is working. Thank you aemmarc for your tip.

Level 1

By default txt/HTML and image/svg-xml are blacklist in DAM Safe Binary Filter(6.5) but I observed it allows view as well download of txt/HTML  file , so , as such there is no difference due to DAM Safe Binary filter configuration. So , is this expected behaviour ?