Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleted page but the Nav and sitemap still shows the link to the page

Level 1

I'm new to AEM and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get rid of a link (of a deleted page) in the nav bar and sitemap. If someone can give me some pointers on where to look in order to remove the deleted page link in the nav bar and sitemap page i would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I Hope this issue should be in publish instance, as Nav or sitemap iterates and shows only existing pages.

If this issue is in publish, and you have deleted page in author, it will not be deleted from publish, you have to manually delete it from publish.

To follow best practice always deactivate page first (deletes page from publish) and then delete the page.

Let me if know, in case you are trying some other scenario.

Regards

Praveen

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I Hope this issue should be in publish instance, as Nav or sitemap iterates and shows only existing pages.

If this issue is in publish, and you have deleted page in author, it will not be deleted from publish, you have to manually delete it from publish.

To follow best practice always deactivate page first (deletes page from publish) and then delete the page.

Let me if know, in case you are trying some other scenario.

Regards

Praveen

Level 2

Apart from what @praveenjain  already mentioned, also see if you are not trying to access any page or sitemap page from dispatcher url as in that case you might be accessing already cached page in dispatcher. If that is the case, clearing dispatcher cache should resolve the issue.