Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Default framework select for Cloud Service using dialog for every page

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have created a framework for Analytics now i want to use that framework for every page which is created using X template. I did a cqinclude for cloudServices dialog and cloudservice tab staring appearing on all the pages. I now want that value within that dialog should auto populate the framework. I just want to set it up once so that when my maven deploys the code that framework is available for all the page that use that template. I tried giving the value in the value attribute as you would do in normal dialog without joy.

So, basically if a new page is created using the template it should have the below value populated automatically. Any help would be appreciated.

cq:cloudserviceconfigs
String
/etc/cloudservices/sitecatalyst/abcd/abcd-framework
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 2

Sham HC wrote...

make use of cq:template node . Details at http://experiencedelivers.adobe.com/cemblog/en/experiencedelivers/2012/06/defaults-in-your-component...

Hi Sham,

Thanks for your response. I created cq:template node within the component and added the property cq:cloudserviceconfigs="/etc/cloudservices/sitecatalyst/dev/dev-framework" but when i am creating new page it doesn't show up as a property in the page as i expected it to be. Is the property cq:template is it just used for components?

Level 10

SamThadhani wrote...

I created cq:template node within the component and added the property cq:cloudserviceconfigs="/etc/cloudservices/sitecatalyst/dev/dev-framework" but when i am creating new page it doesn't show up as a property in the page as i expected it to be. Is the property cq:template is it just used for components?

Not really. At template you have complete control to add as per your requirement & for components cq:template can be used. Please note cloud service inherited automatically to all child pages and you do not have to assign default for each page. Where you want to break inheritance in that page only reconfigure it.