Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Extraction for Reporting

Former Community Member

Hi,

I'm looking to see how I can extract AEM data from a remote server, transforming it to either JSON or some other easily accessible format. Looking to do this for reporting purposes to better utilize the data we have stored on AEM. I'm looking to make this automated instead of having to physically log into the system and look for the data needed for reports.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

It seems that what you want is full customization. Wondering why you need mySQL connector or for that matter any DB connector. As Scott mentioned, you should use JCR/resource API and based on the result set, you can build charts, excel or anything you like

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi Nick,

What kind of data you want to extract?

Thanks,

Former Community Member

Hey MC Stuff,

I'm looking to grab report data, some tagging info, user data, and a whole bunch of other things, looking to create a sort of guided query tool so that users can access what they need without having to click through alot of AEM tabs. I'm looking into mySQL connectors as an option but am still struggling to find a good way to extract data in any way from the application.

Best,

Level 10

One thing you can do is to use JCR API and build a tool that can query a result set  and export to excel -- Scott's Digital Community: Developing a Java Swing Application that displays Adobe Experience Manage...

We build many in house tools using this approach.

Correct answer by
Level 7

It seems that what you want is full customization. Wondering why you need mySQL connector or for that matter any DB connector. As Scott mentioned, you should use JCR/resource API and based on the result set, you can build charts, excel or anything you like