Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Dam Image renditions error while executing the folder thumbnail!

Level 4

Hi @Team,

I'm facing the below issue in the production server, and I didn't face this issue in my local author. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?

11.11.2020 14:35:57.560 *ERROR* [Thread-57] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl error while executing folder thumbnail update job: /content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width or height <= 0

at com.day.image.Layer.init(Layer.java:3156) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.48]

at com.day.image.Layer.<init>(http://Layer.java:490) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.48]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewGenerator$FolderPreviewCreator.createPreview(FolderPreviewGenerator.java:292) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.generate(AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.java:245) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.updateFolderThumbnail(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:144) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.run(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:201) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @imadullakhan 

When ever we create a asset folder it automatically creates a thumbnail image for that asset folder with help of auto job com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl .This job is configurable in configmgr as shown below. In your case i suspect the job is trying to create a thumnail for asian/images folder using the image underneath that "/content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png " this PACKSHOTS-01.PNG has some issue with respect to his height or width or content. Check this image if image is corrupted .Re upload a new image and check the same.Hope it helps.

Rajashankar_0-1605306624444.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @imadullakhan 

When ever we create a asset folder it automatically creates a thumbnail image for that asset folder with help of auto job com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl .This job is configurable in configmgr as shown below. In your case i suspect the job is trying to create a thumnail for asian/images folder using the image underneath that "/content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png " this PACKSHOTS-01.PNG has some issue with respect to his height or width or content. Check this image if image is corrupted .Re upload a new image and check the same.Hope it helps.

Rajashankar_0-1605306624444.png

Level 1

17.10.2023 13:27:50.089 *ERROR* [Thread-1912] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl error while executing folder thumbnail update job: /content/dam/west-elm/mytestfolder/images (9).jpeg

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width or height <= 0

at com.day.image.Layer.init(Layer.java:3181) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.52]

at com.day.image.Layer.<init>(Layer.java:501) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.52]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewGenerator$FolderPreviewCreator.createPreview(FolderPreviewGenerator.java:292) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.12.320]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.generate(AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.java:245) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.12.320]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.updateFolderThumbnail(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:151) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.12.320]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.run(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:208) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.12.320]

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Getting error for al the assets uploading in aem 6.5.