Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Dam Image renditions error while executing the folder thumbnail!

imadullakhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi @Team,

I'm facing the below issue in the production server, and I didn't face this issue in my local author. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue?

11.11.2020 14:35:57.560 *ERROR* [Thread-57] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl error while executing folder thumbnail update job: /content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width or height <= 0

at com.day.image.Layer.init(Layer.java:3156) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.48]

at com.day.image.Layer.<init>(http://Layer.java:490) [day-commons-gfx:2.1.48]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewGenerator$FolderPreviewCreator.createPreview(FolderPreviewGenerator.java:292) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.generate(AssetDrivenFolderPreviewGenerator.java:245) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.updateFolderThumbnail(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:144) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.run(FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl.java:201) [com.day.cq.dam.cq-dam-core:5.11.356]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

1 Accepted Solution
Rajashankar
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @imadullakhan 

When ever we create a asset folder it automatically creates a thumbnail image for that asset folder with help of auto job com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl .This job is configurable in configmgr as shown below. In your case i suspect the job is trying to create a thumnail for asian/images folder using the image underneath that "/content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png " this PACKSHOTS-01.PNG has some issue with respect to his height or width or content. Check this image if image is corrupted .Re upload a new image and check the same.Hope it helps.

Rajashankar_0-1605306624444.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rajashankar
Correct answer by
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @imadullakhan 

When ever we create a asset folder it automatically creates a thumbnail image for that asset folder with help of auto job com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.ui.preview.FolderPreviewUpdaterImpl .This job is configurable in configmgr as shown below. In your case i suspect the job is trying to create a thumnail for asian/images folder using the image underneath that "/content/dam/asian/Images/PACKSHOTS-01.png " this PACKSHOTS-01.PNG has some issue with respect to his height or width or content. Check this image if image is corrupted .Re upload a new image and check the same.Hope it helps.

Rajashankar_0-1605306624444.png

View solution in original post