Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customize Email Template for workflow notification in AEM6.5.13

Level 2

We are trying to customize the email template that triggers on workflow notifications, there are few issues that we have observed:

1. The default email template that triggers on workflow notification is at - /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt. When we try to overlay it in apps - /apps/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt - it only triggers the overlay'd email template when we restart the com.day.cq.cq-mailer bundle.
  2. Also, when the server restarts it starts picking up the old template at /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt
  3. Sometimes, some other email template gets triggers whose content is little different 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: Mon May 15 20:34:34 IST 2023
Step: Approve content
User: Administrator (admin)
Workflow: Request for Activation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page: <Domain>/content/we-retail/language-masters/en/experience/arctic-surfing-in-lofoten.html

View the overview in your <domain>/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html
This is an automatically generated message. Please do not reply.

• Expected Email template which is at '/libs/settings/workflow/notification/email/default/en.txt'

Time: Mon May 15 20:36:43 IST 2023
 Step: [Information not available]
 User: Administrator (admin)
 Workflow: Request for Activation

Content: <Domain>/bin/wcmcommand?cmd=open&path=%2Fcontent%2Fwe-retail%2Flanguage-masters%2Fen%2Fexperience%2Farctic-surfing-in-lofoten&_charset_=utf-8

View the overview in your <Domain>/aem/inbox
 This is an automatically generated message. Please do not reply.
​

Is there any additional steps that we need to do for customizing email template?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would suggest to open a support case with Adobe.

There might be a file in the filesystem that is used when AEM is restarted.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

1. Yes this is expected behaviour 

2. Could you please check if there is any cache?

You can also try something like https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2019/06/aem-custom-templated-email.html 

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for your quick response @arunpatidar  But there is no cache. 

We do not want to create a custom process step to send an email as we are using OOTB workflow at the moment. 

Is there anything that we should keep it mind ? For me - the overaly'd email template should work when we restart the AEM server but this is not working as expected.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would suggest to open a support case with Adobe.

There might be a file in the filesystem that is used when AEM is restarted.

Arun Patidar

Hey,

I have literally the same issue and after raising an Adobe support ticket I didn't get any way to fix it.
Did you have any luck with that?
was there a remedy?