Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom metadata for Assets

Level 6

Hi,

I'm creating custom metadata for a customer with the following scenario:

They have many customers that they will store the assets for those customers.

They want to have a set of metadata that will be shared among all the customers.
But there will be some that will be specific per customer.

For this situation I thought in two possibilities:

1. Create a the common metadata editing the default metadata schema, and then create a copy from this default and create the specifics for each customer. Then associate the custom metadata with the Folder for that customer.
  2. Create a Tab for each customer in the default schema, and then through permissions display or not those tabs.

For each solution I saw some advantages and drawbacks:

• Solution 1
    • Pros
      • We have independent metadata for each customer, so, we can easily change the specific metadata for each one with no impact for the others;
    • Cons
      • As the copies are independent, if one day a new common metadata is added, those new fields should be added in each customer, because there is no inheritance on those schemas;
  • Solution 2
    • Pros
      • As it will be only one schema for all them, so, in case there is a new field for the common schema, they will be already applied in all customers.
    • Cons
      • As I read in some topics in the forum, there is a limitation on the number of fields and tabs in the form, and as all the fields will be in the same schema this will impact on this implementation
      • Need to configure the permissions using the crxde to add the nodes for permissions in order to allow/deny the tab for specific groups

Does someone have a similar use case? Is there any advice for this kind of situation?

Any input are welcome.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Did you follow AEM documentation - there is a section titled "CREATING NEW METADATA PROPERTY FOR ASSETS" located here: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/dam/metadata_for_digitalassetmanagement.html.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

I am doing some tests and as I could see after adding many fields or tabs I receive this error:

18.12.2015 11:52:07.183 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1450446725475] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/gui/content/metadataschemaeditor/schemadetails.html/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/myschema HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/dam/gui/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/formfieldproperties/disableineditmodefields/disableineditmodefields.jsp

It seems there is a lot of requests to build the form builder.

I could find the exactly number of fields/tabs it supports.

Does anyone has faced similar issue? Is there any way to make it support many calls to build the form? Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

Did you follow AEM documentation - there is a section titled "CREATING NEW METADATA PROPERTY FOR ASSETS" located here: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/dam/metadata_for_digitalassetmanagement.html.

Level 6

Hi @smacdonal2008,

I'm adding new properties in the metadata schema editor. I am using AEM 6.1.

I am using this document as reference:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/content/assets/metadata-schemas.html

Att.

Level 6

Hi,

I found that we can configure the Number of Calls per Request(sling.max.calls)  in the Apache Sling Main Servlet on the web Console.

I changed it form 1500 to 2000 and now the formbuilder started working again.

My only concern is what is the recommended for this value.

I was thinking in use the option to use many tabs, and then hiding them based on the groups. So the users will see only the tabs allowed for their groups.

But I am concerned in have too many tabs and this be a problem.

Does anyone faced similar scenario?

Thanks

Level 3

Are there any concerns with increasing the Number of Calls per Request?  We are seeing the same issue on a dam asset form with several custom fields.