Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom granite components for Touch UI dialogs

Level 2
Has anyone written custom granite components for AEM6.0 dialogs?

1. I want to have a custom dropdown which fetches options from the components design node.

2. I want a textfield to save vanitypath in page properties so that it places current page name automatically before the text.

I have these as ExtJs custom xtypes but I am trying to develop dialogs with granite components as well.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is an article to get you up and running with creating Touch UI components including how to build dialogs: 

Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI component

Here is an article on how to handle events for Touch UI dialogs: 

Using Event Handlers in Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI Components

Also - watch this Ask the Experts session on working with Touch UI: 

April Session of Ask the AEM Community Experts - Developing Components for the AEM Touch UI

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is an article to get you up and running with creating Touch UI components including how to build dialogs: 

Creating your first Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI component

Here is an article on how to handle events for Touch UI dialogs: 

Using Event Handlers in Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI Components

Also - watch this Ask the Experts session on working with Touch UI: 

April Session of Ask the AEM Community Experts - Developing Components for the AEM Touch UI

Level 2

Thanks for the links Scott!

I have a further question.

In AEM5.6.1, I populate style options in an edit dialog by calling a servlet that simply returns the values configured by components' design dialog.

Now, since we do not have design dialogs in touch UI, will it be wise to have these configurations on design dialog?

Are there any other options?