Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Custom Error handler is not working on Publish envirnoment

Level 2

Hi all,

When I tried to use ACS commons error handler for custom error pages, in author it is correctly routing to the error page we configured. Whereas in publisher it is showing the default error page.
I've verified all the configurations, but no idea what is the issue. Please help me out.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @gayatri1012 

Kindly consider:

1. Check if the issue is from publish server or dispatcher. If issue is from dispatcher then ensure that you have done required AEM dispatcher configuration

In dispatcher_vhost.conf file, set DispatcherPassError to ‘0’. This allows erring requests to be sent back to AEM.

#Error Page Handler
DispatcherPassError 0

2. check your AEM version, as on AEM 6.2 or above, this service uses a Service User for repository access. This user is configured with the expected permissions required, but additional permissions may be required if your repository design deviates from the expected structure. So please check if this user have proper permission on publish instance as well.

User name: acs-commons-error-page-handler-service

ACLs:

• jcr:read on /content

Reference for more details: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/error-handler/index.html

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Yes, as told earlier I've verified all the configurations checked ACL, and Dispatcher Pass Error is set to 0 on dispatcher and publisher too. Don't know what is the issue exactly.

Employee Advisor

Hi @gayatri1012 ,

Is it working when you are using the publish IP and not the dispatcher?