Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Content Fragment Datatype Issue

Level 2

I am trying to create a custom datatype for colorpicker within the Content fragment model for which I followed the steps mentioned in the blog below - 

https://blogs.perficient.com/2020/10/20/adding-a-color-picker-to-the-aem-content-fragment-model-edit...

Colorpicker datatype shows up in the list now , but the properties show up blank hence unable to save the model

Some of the errors see in the logs are as follows - 

20.06.2023 14:21:40.263 *ERROR* [[0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] [1687285300196] GET /mnt/overlay/dam/cfm/models/editor/content/editor.html/conf/demo/settings/dam/cfm/models/test HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.servlets.get.impl.DefaultGetServlet No renderer for extension html, cannot render resource TypeOverwritingResourceWrapper, type=dam/cfm/models/editor/components/datatypeproperties/translatablefield, path=/mnt/overlay/dam/cfm/models/editor/content/editor/jcr:content/body/items/wizard/items/editorStep/items/content/items/{{field_id}}, resource=[TypeOverwritingResourceWrapper, type=dam/cfm/models/editor/components/datatypes/field

GET /mnt/overlay/dam/cfm/models/editor/content/editor.html/conf/demo/settings/dam/cfm/models/test HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.cq.dam.cfm.ui.impl.extras.DataTypeConfigImpl Provided meta type color-picker is not recognized as a valid type in the configuration resource /mnt/overlay/settings/dam/cfm/models/formbuilderconfig/datatypes.

Please suggest any additional configurations that may be required.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The issue is resolved now. Thanks for your quick response.

An additional property of fieldMetaTypes is required in the datatypes for color-picker that has been missed in the above document.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

The error below suggests that the overlay is not properly done, I saw that in the source you posted there is a package available, did you try with that sample? Please check on which version of AEM the example was run on and make sure the nodes structure is the same in your AEM version

meta type color-picker is not recognized as a valid type in the configuration resource /mnt/overlay/settings/dam/cfm/models/formbuilderconfig/datatypes.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 2

The issue is resolved now. Thanks for your quick response.

An additional property of fieldMetaTypes is required in the datatypes for color-picker that has been missed in the above document.