Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Component not visible in sidekick

Level 3

Hi,

I've created a template('mytemplate') which will call my custom component using 'sling:resourceType:/apps/myproject/components/mycomponents'. i created a page using 'mytemplate' in siteadmin. when i click on 'mypage' is opens the page. In design mode, i checked for allowed components to choose my custom component to make it available in side kick tool, but i could not able to see my custom component name. I gave 'componentGroup' -> which is the name that will appear in 'edit component'. but then too i was not able to see my custom component in edit component. i gave sling:resourceType:/foundation/component/page , then my custom component appears in edit component mode. Why is necessary to give sling:resourceType for custom component ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

1. make sure you have dialog in your component

2.make sure your component name and jcr:title property value are not same

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

I would request you to upload the package provided and read this article:- Creating a custom Image Text component for Experience Manager

// In this example also we have a custom component with the custom group. Follow this article and this would solve your problem.

sling:resourceType is not necessary at the component level.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Thanks for the tutorial link. In component creation, it has sling:superResourceType as /foundation/components/parbase.If we did not use this superResourceType , the component will not appear rite ?

My doubt is even if it is custom component we need to use/inherit the existing component as base component(out of box components from /foundation /...)  for custom component ?

Correct answer by
Level 4

1. make sure you have dialog in your component

2.make sure your component name and jcr:title property value are not same

Level 1
Why dialog creation required to show the custom component? Actually I created a content component but it is not visible in component group but after I created the dialog the component is visible. Can you please let me know why ?

Level 10

Its good practice to inherit from a base component. I typically use foundation/components/parbase. Never seen an issue of a component not showing up in the Cat i define.