Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

creating new promotion type

Level 4

can we create a new promotion type in MCM?

currently only 4 promotions are available:

Perfect Partner, free shipping,discount and free gift.

i want to add one more in the list. Please help.

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

khalidMomin wrote...

@ShamHC @smacdonald

i just want to add a new promotion, it can be of any type. For e.g. lets say if a customer shop for one category, he gets a discount for another category.

Like if i shop for electronics product, i get a discount on home appliances.

can it be achieved by adding a new promotion type?

also can u guys tell me, where i can find promotion OOTB components and codes in CQ?

Hi khalid Momin,

For your use case "Perfect Partner" can help partially. To meet per your exact need look at implementation at
/libs/commerce/components/promotion
and might need to implement https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/adobe/cq/commerce/api/promotion/PromotionHandler....

Thanks,
Sham
 Tweet: @adobe_sham

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

are you referring to the promotions in commerce ?

Level 10

AFAIK  I am not aware of documentation. The OOB reference components  "Perfect Partner, free shipping,discount and free gift." should give reference how to implement. Can you provide more details what you are trying to add & where you are stuck?

Level 10

Agreed with Sham - this is the 1st time i have seen this request. We do not have any task-based information around this. The samples would be the best way to learn this. 

Level 4

@ShamHC @smacdonald

i just want to add a new promotion, it can be of any type. For e.g. lets say if a customer shop for one category, he gets a discount for another category.

also can u guys tell me, where i can find promotion OOTB components and codes in CQ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

khalidMomin wrote...

@ShamHC @smacdonald

Hi khalid Momin,

For your use case "Perfect Partner" can help partially. To meet per your exact need look at implementation at
/libs/commerce/components/promotion
and might need to implement https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/javadoc/com/adobe/cq/commerce/api/promotion/PromotionHandler....

Thanks,
Sham
 Tweet: @adobe_sham

Level 4

thanks,

i will look into that for sure.