Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Creating Event Handlers for Adobe Experience Manager

Level 10

You can develop a custom event handler for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) that responds to events that occur at the JCR level. For example, you can write an event handler to respond to the following JCR events:

• A node was added
  • A node was moved
  • A node was deleted
  • A property was added to a node
  • A property was changed
  • A property was deleted
To create an AEM event handler, you create an OSGi bundle that contains a class that implements javax.jcr.observation.EventListener.  The following illustration shows a client making a change in an AEM web page that results in a new node being created in the AEM JCR. For example, a new customer signs up that results in a new node being created within the AEM JCR. The custom event handler listens for that event and responds.  

[img]Events.png[/img]

See: http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/events.html.

2 Replies

Level 3

hi smacdonald,    

I have tried implementing this but the pom which is provided is incomplete(not sure) .Some of the dependencies version are missing . I tried packaging it when i built . I am new to maven, i couldn't able to find out the exact problem properly. Can you please try let me know. 

Level 10

Just re-tested this and it does build with the POM - see this command line pic:

[img]eventhandlerbuild.png[/img]

Your issue may be your Maven setup. If you would like -- i can help you properly setup Maven. Send me an email at scottm@adobe.com