Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a one shot install for a project in AEM 5.6.1

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Adobe CQ now AEM, I have been struggling to implement a one shot install for an existing project but so far not been able to succeed.

This is what I have currently

1. A package which basically has few configs, template and a component(I make changes to CRXDLite and build the package)
  2. 4 bundles which have the OSGi Services.(I make changes to the individual maven projects and upload the jar manually)

Now what I expect to do is to cutdown this two step process to one. Can someone explain the steps in an easy to understand way.

Appreciate any replies!!!

Regards,

Neha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make jar part of install (/apps/<projectname>/install) directory in repository.  Then create a package including jar file.

http://www.aemcasts.com/aem/episode-1.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make jar part of install (/apps/<projectname>/install) directory in repository.  Then create a package including jar file.

http://www.aemcasts.com/aem/episode-1.html

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I would advice to switch over a full mavenized workflow. If you use the archtetypes as described in the documentation [1], it will create a structure, where the code (one or multiple bundles) are embedded into a content package. It's build in a way, that you can compile, build and deploy in a single step.

Jörg

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/developmenttools/how-to-build-aem-projects-using...

Former Community Member

Hi,

I followed the same link but doing so only allows me to package my code in one bundle..based on what I understand.

How do I have four bundles in the multi mode project, where do i place the code files apart from the one already in place.

Am I doing something wrong??

Regards,

Neha

Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for a superb link, I actually have four bundles to package, how do i do that..?

Regards,

Neha

Former Community Member

Hi,

I followed a different approach could anybody validate this as this behave in an erratic way.

1. I create a “simple-content-package-archetype” project.
  2. I place all my bundle jars under install directory
  3. I install the package using the “autoInstallPackage” profile, the bundles get installed as expected.
  4. I create a page rendering component to make use of the “My" Services”
  5. I then create a template witch uses this component.
  6. The page works on a fresh installation, but if a failure occurs in any of the above steps, redoing the steps above does not guarantee its working e.g  say I did not install the bundles, the component does not render the page but throws error, re-installing the package with bundles does not solve the error.
  7. I try to sync the new package with the file system project using vlt.
  8.  I re-install the package using the “autoInstallPackage” profile.
  9. I see the same error in step 6.

ERROR(This usually occurs when the bundles do not get installed properly.)

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 8 in the generated java file

Only a type can be imported. org.apache.sling.hc.util.HealthCheckFilter resolves to a package

Can anybody help me understand whats happening here.