Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create target Profiles using Attributes

Level 3

Hi All,

We have requirement to create a target profile to target certain users. The content for the user is decided by the attributes present with user when he logged in. The user details are not stored in AEM.

Client is only using AEM and no other products. The user profiles won’t be available in AEM due to high customer base and the personalisation needs to be achieved using combination of those attributes values like: say ((some_attribute_1==1) OR (some_attribute_2=”some string”)) && ((some_attribute_1==5) AND (some_attribute_4=”some string”)). The rules will be similar sort of combination of attributes and content needs to be displayed on the basis whether attributes attached with current logged in user matches the criteria.

All the data needs to be shown to user will be controlled by similar rule set.

Kindly suggest an optimal way to achieve the objective.

4 Replies

Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this Adobe Helpx article:- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/personal.html

// Creating an Adobe Experience Manager personalized experience

So basically, you would like to create teasers which will be triggered based on rule mentioned in segment. So with different condition different teaser would be displayed.

Here in this article, we are getting information that if user is MAC user or Windows user. Based on it we are showing different teaser on the page. But in your case, user information is not available in AEM, so somehow you need to bring it on AEM so that you may able to add conditions (via segment).

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Thanks Kautuk. But in our scenario, we are targeting 5k such combinations of attributes as the number of attributes are large. Business wants to control the DAM assets to be shown to user on UI using these combinations.

Administrator

Nitish_Jain01 wrote...

Thanks Kautuk. But in our scenario, we are targeting 5k such combinations of attributes as the number of attributes are large. Business wants to control the DAM assets to be shown to user on UI using these combinations.

I do not see any built-in feature in AEM to manages these many combinations, usually for doing such targeting, independent solution should be used (Like: Adobe Target). 

Or your would need to create a custom component with the set of conditions that you would like to implement.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

I agree Kautuk. We have to follow the custom approach as it is not supported. I am seeking for some help in designing the solution to met the requirement.