Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create node in CRXDE Lite

Level 2

Hello, I have the following problem when I want to create a new node in create > create node and I get the pop-up window, none of the options for the node type appear, only nt:unstructured appears and even if I want to write it manually it does not allow me, for example cq:component among others, I want to know if it is a problem with some configuration or what could be causing this, thank you very much for your attention

createnode.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @LidermanGiraldoEscobar 
This is a bug in recent cloud SDK versions. We raised a ticket for this internally and Adobe confirmed it. Their engineering advised the fix will be included in the next Cloud Foundation release that is planned to happen between 11 and 25th July. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 8

@LidermanGiraldoEscobar 

This could be due to access control restrictions or missing node type definitions in your AEM instance.

Is this happening for a specific path(/apps/ or /libs/ or /etc/) or any path in general for the entire instance?

Is this happening only for you or your entire team?

Level 2

@gkalyan 

This happens to me for any route in general for the entire instance and if it happens to the entire team

Level 8

@LidermanGiraldoEscobar 

Let's try couple of things to debug this:

If you can access crx explorer, can you check if you can see the node types?

http://localhost:4502/crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp

Try creating new node through crx explorer. Are you able to see the node types here? If not, it looks the instance is corrupted.

http://localhost:4502/crx/explorer/browser/index.jsp

In crx explorer, you can check the ACLs as well.

Level 2

@gkalyan 

when I access http://localhost:4502/crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp

I receive the following message:

Unable to retrieve node type manager probably due to insufficiant rights. Please login as a more priviledged user.
javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: Root node is not accessible.

Which or where should the necessary permissions be given?

Sorry for the inconvenience

Level 8

@LidermanGiraldoEscobar Admin on your team will be able to provide the necessary permission to access this.

Once you are in http://localhost:4502/crx/explorer/browser/index.jsp you can find the node types under "/jcr:system/crx:nodeTypes"

jcrnodes.png

If you see the above, you can try checking the privileges here "/jcr:system/rep:privileges"

Community Advisor

Exactly which path are you trying to create this node under?

Community Advisor

@LidermanGiraldoEscobar Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Level 10

Hi @LidermanGiraldoEscobar ,

If you are experiencing issues with creating a new node in CRXDE Lite and the node type options are not appearing, it could be due to a configuration issue or a problem with the repository setup. Here are a few things you can check:

1. Verify the node types: Make sure that the required node types are defined and available in the repository. You can check this by navigating to the `/libs` or `/apps` folder in CRXDE Lite and verifying that the necessary node types, such as `cq:Component`, are present.

2. Check the permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to create nodes of the desired types. Check the access control policies for the parent node and make sure you have the appropriate permissions to create child nodes.

3. Review the node type definitions: Double-check the node type definitions in the repository. If there are any issues with the node type definitions, it could prevent the options from appearing in the create node dialog. You can review the node type definitions by navigating to the `/libs/cq/core/content/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes` or `/apps/cq/core/content/jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes` path in CRXDE Lite.

4. Restart the repository: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, try restarting the AEM instance or the repository. Sometimes, a restart can help resolve configuration-related issues.

If the problem persists after checking these steps, it may be helpful to review the AEM logs for any error messages or warnings related to node type registration or configuration. Additionally, consulting with your AEM administrator or support team can provide further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

Administrator

@LidermanGiraldoEscobar Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi @LidermanGiraldoEscobar I believe you are using AEM cloud SDK ? If yes, can you please confirm your SDK version ? 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @LidermanGiraldoEscobar 
This is a bug in recent cloud SDK versions. We raised a ticket for this internally and Adobe confirmed it. Their engineering advised the fix will be included in the next Cloud Foundation release that is planned to happen between 11 and 25th July.