Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ6 is running with two JVM instances

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

1. By double clicking the jar file, AEM instance opened with single JVM . Please refer the file1 in attachments.

2. By running with "quickstart" batch file, AEM instance opened with two JVMs. Please refer the file2 in attachments.

Could you please anyone explain why the behavior is different in above cases ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinayak S

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Vinayak,

Looking at the paths, I can see that the first JVM is launched from what appears to be an IBM JRE while the second from a standard Oracle one. You can set your file associations and JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the same Java installation and the behavior will be consistent.

Once that is done, could you re-run the quickstart by both double clicking it and running the batch script and see if the difference is still there?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Vinayak,

Looking at the paths, I can see that the first JVM is launched from what appears to be an IBM JRE while the second from a standard Oracle one. You can set your file associations and JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the same Java installation and the behavior will be consistent.

Once that is done, could you re-run the quickstart by both double clicking it and running the batch script and see if the difference is still there?

Level 2

Hi Alex,

How can you say first JVM launched from IBM JRE and second one from Stardard Oracle one ?

In my classpath variable I am pointing to single java installation directory. Still experiencing same behavior which I explained in previous post.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinayak S

Level 2

Hi Alex,

How can you say first JVM launched from IBM JRE and second one from Stardard Oracle one ?

In my classpath variable I am pointing to single java installation directory. Still experiencing same behavior which I explained in previous post.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinayak S

Level 2

Hi Vinyak,

Your first screenshot indicates that the JVM is running from Program Files\IBM\Java60, while the second is running from Program Files\Java.

In the case of running quickstart from the batch script, the second JVM instance is there because it was forked due to insufficient heap (the default low memory action is set to fork). To solve this, increase your heap size by altering this section of the script:

::* default JVM options
set CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

Try doubling it to 2 gigs and see if the behavior persists.