Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ5 local publish instance set up

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I have CQ5 local author instance and I need to set up local  publish instance.

I have copied jar file and license properties kept in cq-publish folder,Build is done.Core ,UI are generated and restarted the server too.

Site content is not displaying in publish.Can some one help me how can i copy the  site content from author to publish instance instead of uploading the packages.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

it's not sufficient just to replicate content to publish; you need to have your application code (templates, components, OSGI bundles) on publish as well. The safest way is to deploy them to publish using the same approach as you deploy them to authoring.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

You can use Activate Tree function which moves content from author to publish instance without package manager.

Following example shows hot to activate pages, you need to activate your code in the same way.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-5/wcm/page_publish/tree_activate.html

Employee

You should set up replication agents to publish the content from author to publisher. (By default of the default agent is configured for your publisher instance running on port 4503) 

Please refer the documentation.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/deploying/replication.html#Replication%20Agents%20-%20Confi... 

Former Community Member

If I activated the page in author instance and the page is showing blank in publish instance.

I am getting the error(Unable to compile jsp classes)

Level 8

Did you replicate the components that render the pages?

Former Community Member

Sorry I am not getting.Could you please elaborate more .

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

it's not sufficient just to replicate content to publish; you need to have your application code (templates, components, OSGI bundles) on publish as well. The safest way is to deploy them to publish using the same approach as you deploy them to authoring.

kind regards,
Jörg