Expand my Community achievements bar.

CQ5 LDAP integration API?

Level 2

Hi,

I am integrating LDAP with CQ5 using OOTB configuration http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/current/administering/ldap_authentication.html .

Once integrated i want to query LDAP inside CQ5 e.g. to check if a user exists in LDAP? Are there any API available for these types of call? Or do i need to use plain JAVA API for same?

Regards.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

such a scenario (querying the existence of a user in LDAP) is not directly forseen. But you can periodically sync all users from LDAP to the CRX repository and then query just for a regular CRX user.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2

Thanks,

My requirement is once website is live (on publish setup), user can get himself registered. For registration, user details are stored into LDAP. So i can assume that i can make direct calls to LDAP from CQ code to check user existence once he is registered? For making such calls do CQ5 provide any default API or i need to use standalone JAVA API.

Regards.

Level 2

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Hi,

Thanks,

My requirement is once website is live (on publish setup), user can get himself registered. For registration, user details are stored into LDAP. So i can assume that i can make direct calls to LDAP from CQ code to check user existence once he is registered?

Regards.

such a scenario (querying the existence of a user in LDAP) is not directly forseen. But you can periodically sync all users from LDAP to the CRX repository and then query just for a regular CRX user.

kind regards,
Jörg

Employee Advisor

Hi,

So you want to have CQ5/AEM as frontend, which then calls LDAP to create a user object there? That feature is not available ootb. LDAP is only supported as external source for authentication and authorization; it's not possible to create new users in LDAP via AEM. So if you want to do this, you have to embedd libraries which allow you to do so.

Kind regards,
Jörg