Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ serving content to other applications

Level 2

Hi,

I have implemented hybris application which makes HTTP call to CQ. On CQ side I have written sling servlet to retrieve DAM assets from JCR and send it in response to HTTP call. Hybris displays this asset on Front End. Application is working fine.

But I have 1 query. As of now I am fetching DAM asset/content from Author instance and sending it to Hybris. Do I have to fetch content from Publish instance? 

e.g. URL for HTTP call is as follows, http://localhost:4502/bin/assetServlet Whether I need to make HTTP call to publish instance? 

Like in Hybris, we always displays content from Online Catalog and not from Staged Catalog. How this works in CQ? 

Kindly help me in understanding the same

Thanks,

Manju

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

When you push your app to publish - the OSGi that contains the Sling Servlet will be on Pub. Therefore from the external app - make sure that the URL points to the Pub instance - with the Pub port.  

Also - that is exactly how you serve up AEM data to 3 party apps. You can write a custom sling servlet and use a Restful call to invoke it from a 3rd party app.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

When you push your app to publish - the OSGi that contains the Sling Servlet will be on Pub. Therefore from the external app - make sure that the URL points to the Pub instance - with the Pub port.  

Also - that is exactly how you serve up AEM data to 3 party apps. You can write a custom sling servlet and use a Restful call to invoke it from a 3rd party app.  

Level 2

Thanks for confirmation on how to serve content to 3rd party app. I am glad that I have followed correct approach.

Also I have pushed OSGi bundle on publish instance and I am able to able access it from 3rd party. Even though your reply does not explicitly mentions that standard approach is to make restful call to publish instance and not to author instance, I am considering that standard approach is, 3rd party should communicate with Publish instance and not with Author instance.

Thanks a lot..