Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

cq:name not populated for AEM assets.

Level 6

Recently I have observed that there is a number of assets in my AEM DAM which doesn't have a cq:name while the majority of the assets does have.
My understanding is that the cq:name value is generated by AEM by default, and I would like to understand why it doesn't get added for certain assets.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn, AFAIK cq:name property is extracted to jcr:content node via  DAM Metadata Writeback, specifically during XMP Writeback process.
You may dc:title property which is present on metadata node. Or nodeName if you are querying for filename over type= dam:Asset

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Please share which AEM version you are using and the node path where you are getting cq:name property.

Level 6

@Sachin_Arora_ I'm on AEM 6.5.16 and the cq:name is getting stored at jcr:content/cq:name

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jezwn, AFAIK cq:name property is extracted to jcr:content node via  DAM Metadata Writeback, specifically during XMP Writeback process.
You may dc:title property which is present on metadata node. Or nodeName if you are querying for filename over type= dam:Asset