Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

cq-msm-lockable not working for component level properties in touch ui

Level 1

Hi All,

cq-msm-lockable in a touch-optimized UI dialog works perfectly for page level properties for controlling MSM inheritance for individual properties and I know it does not work with with deep properties but is it supported with component level properties ? I tired but looks like its not even creating chain-link symbol or lock in the component dialog in touch UI though  in classic UI we could easily break field level inheritance for individual property of a component. Did anyone tried this solution for component level properties in touch UI and if component level properties are not supported then do Adobe has any plan to support it in future and did anyone tried a custom solution for it ?

thanks

Krishan Rathi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from the Engineering Team:

cq-msm-lockable is not supported for component level property. cq-msm-lockable in a touch-optimized UI dialog works perfectly for page level properties for controlling MSM inheritance for individual properties

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Administrator

Checking internally with the team!!

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Administrator

Reply from the Engineering Team:

cq-msm-lockable is not supported for component level property. cq-msm-lockable in a touch-optimized UI dialog works perfectly for page level properties for controlling MSM inheritance for individual properties

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Thanks for the response, do you have any plans to provide capability for breaking inheritance for individual properties on component level in AEM 6.4 or any other release ?

Administrator

I am still checking with the expert to get some more details on this.

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

There is no information on this that is publicly available as of now. If you really want to get it, you can want to create a support ticket for it.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

I have already created the support ticket and got the reply that Adobe could provide the feature as a paid feature but still want to know any plans to fix this issue in any future release since Adobe will get rid of classic UI in 6.4 henceforth i though they would be able to match the classic UI capabilities by then.

Level 1

This article only deals with page properties and not component level properties.

Level 2

Hi,

we have also raised a support ticket to get an answer how to break inheritance on field level within the component. Re: Field Level Inheritance - MSM

For Classic UI (AEM 6.1) it seems there is a "hidden" property but I don't know about touch UI so far.

From Business perspective breaking the inheritance on component level only, with having all fields cancelled at once, does NOT match the real live requirements of multilanguage websites for large company with hundreds of websites...