Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

CQ is not defined error pop up message in IE11

Level 4

HI Everyone,

We are getting CQ is not defined error message as popup in IE11.We are getting the same error in Chrome in console.

I have already gone through the forums for the solution but couldnt resolve it.

Please let me know how to get rid of this error.

1474947_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Mini

7 Replies

Level 4

Which AEM version are you using?

Do you see the error while trying editing in Classic UI or Touch UI?

Level 4

Hi Rima,

Im using AEM 6.2. We are facing this issue in classic ui.

Any leads on this issue?

Thanks

Level 4

If you will include init.jsp(which brings on the sidekick), the error would go away.

Have this in your headlibs.html :

<sly data-sly-include="/libs/wcm/core/components/init/init.jsp" data-sly-unwrap/>

Hope this helps!

Level 4

HI Rima,

I have already included in head .jsp  but still getting same error.

Thanks

Level 10

Try a fresh install of AEM and let us know if you see this error still. That will tell us if there is a bug or some action performed in your AEM instance that caused this.

Level 4

hi smacdonald2008,

THis issue we are facing in all our environments like DEV,QA, STG and PROD. How could we install a fresh instance and check our code.We tried the same in local instance but whenever we deploy our code we are getting this issue.

Level 8

You may need to include cq.jquery clientlib or tweak the clientLibs.

Can you share the URL of the page where I can reproduce ?

I just checked http://localhost:4502/cf#/content/geometrixx-gov/en/thankyou.html

i dont see any error.

Go to IE console and type CQ or $CQ, these should auto populate if they are available on the page.

Also try changing the order of the dependencies included in clientlib.