Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Couldn't create a Parsys component

Level 2

After i create a custom component for a page, i couldn't find the any parsys component as well as my custom component in the sidekick [ I've chosen the custom component created in "Design" mode too ]

I've given a group name and selected the same group in design mode

<div data-sly-include="head.html" />
<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Mohan Kumar Iyappan wrote...

After i create a custom component for a page, i couldn't find the any parsys component as well as my custom component in the sidekick [ I've chosen the custom component created in "Design" mode too ]

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

Can you please check whether your custom components have dialog. If you want to see it on sidekick please add it to your component. For testing just copy paste any other component dialog and see if it works.

-Akshita

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi 

Can you please send you component dialog.xml file 

Thanks,

Mani Kumar k

Level 10

I see you are using Sightly to create your component. For it to show up in the side rail or side kick - you need to set the proper values when creating the component. See this article as an example: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-sightly-component.html

Notice when you follow this article - the herosightly shows up in General. 

Level 10

Use this

<div data-sly-resource="${ @path='par',  resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

and check in your system console that your Adobe Granite Sightly Template Engine is active.

Regards,

Amit

Correct answer by
Level 3

Can you please check whether your custom components have dialog. If you want to see it on sidekick please add it to your component. For testing just copy paste any other component dialog and see if it works.

-Akshita