Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Correct usage of fulltext and relPath in Query Builder? Or, what is the difference between @jcr:content/cq:tags, jcr:content/cq:tags, and jcr:content/@cq:tags?

Level 5

When referencing the AEM Query Builder Cheat Sheet, I am noticing that the fulltext relPath is referencing `jcr:content/@cq:tags`.  However, on the same page, there are references to `jcr:content/cq:tags`, and I feel like I've seen `@jcr:content/cq:tags` in other places.

What is the correct usage here?  How do you know where the @ needs to go inside of the query?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @dylanmccurry ,

The placement of the "@" symbol in the query depends on whether the property being referenced is a node or an attribute of a node. If it is an attribute, then the "@" symbol should be placed before the property name. If it is a sub-node, then the property name should be referenced directly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi @dylanmccurry ,

The placement of the "@" symbol in the query depends on whether the property being referenced is a node or an attribute of a node. If it is an attribute, then the "@" symbol should be placed before the property name. If it is a sub-node, then the property name should be referenced directly.