Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

copyPage curl command

Level 3

Hello Team,

I am trying to run a curl command for copying a document from on location in DAM to another location on AEM server.

$ curl -u admin:admin -F cmd=copyPage -F destParentPath=/content/dam/we-retail/en/activities/climbing -F srcPath=/content/dam/we-retail/en/activities/biking/cycling_2.jpg http://localhost:4502/bin/wcmcommand

However it tries to copy a location from my local disk. I am trying to run a curl to make a copy happen within two location in AEM server.

Below is the error screen shot.

1731044_pastedImage_3.png

Another alternative for me is to try fiddle script or package way.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Seems like you're using Windows, try it with cygwin curl or Linux/Mac curl. Seems like the curl command is not sending the proper request to AEM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Seems like you're using Windows, try it with cygwin curl or Linux/Mac curl. Seems like the curl command is not sending the proper request to AEM.

Level 3

I am on the windows machine, but trying to run it in git bash.

I'll try some other alternatives.

Level 3

I tried my command on a remote linux server. And it works.

Looks like git bash is not able to run the command successfully.

Thank you.

Level 6

You can use the following js instead, in the browser console.

$.ajax({ type: "POST", url: "/bin/wcmcommand?srcPath=/path/to/source&destParentPath=/path/to/destination&cmd=copyPage"});

Hope this helps