I want to convert AEM html page to Pdf (using AEM 6.4) and a link will be provided to users for to download that Pdf.
Could anyone share approach what else could be used (best if that is free).
Thanks in advance
As sachinarora suggested, you can go with above option if you don't want user to save pdf via print option then you can use Java API e.g. GitHub - wooio/htmltopdf-java: An HTML to PDF conversion library written in Java, based on wkhtmltop...
You may create a generic servlet with selector says "pdf", and can create download link like mysite/my/page.pdf.html.
Whenever this servlet will be called himl page will be converted into pdf using java API and pdf can be serve as pdf in browser or as a attachment.
The only PDF generator on the market today is XpGenerator. It is offered by my company Xpediant Digital. It is a full function tool that can:
1. Create pdf's of individual pages or an entire site
2. Can automatically generate pdf's for desktop, tablet, and mobile
4. The interface is immediately familiar - as it functions completely within your AEM instance
5. Gives you flexibility in output - individual page pdf's or complete site files
6. Custom coversheets to make archiving easy
Let me know if you'd like to take a look or hear more.
Greg McGee - Vice President of Digital Transformation
612 845 0860
I have an approach which might work.You have to do 2 things in it.
2. Add media rule in CSS for print to control content that needs to be added in PDF. Reference URL