Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

content question for setting up new publish node in AEM6 or cq5

Level 2

hi i am setting up new servers for author and  publish node, i packaged up all the existing code/content and unpacked them in the author node. 

my question is for the content in publish node, should i upload and unpack the content package like how i did it in the author node or should i activate content from the author node? 

the content package is quite big, it's around 6G with some images and pdf files. 

thanks

shu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shu,

Both should work if proper configuration is set. I would go with installing on publish directly by placing under install directory rather than using replication or package manager. Do you have video in it & why did package grow so much for first setup. 

Thanks,

Sham

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Shu,

Both should work if proper configuration is set. I would go with installing on publish directly by placing under install directory rather than using replication or package manager. Do you have video in it & why did package grow so much for first setup. 

Thanks,

Sham

Level 2

thank you! it's been very helpful, I didn't know that we can do content activation that way. the package didn't grow it's just part of the content which has way too many files.