Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

content Migration From AEM 5.56 to AEM 6.2

Level 4

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade CQ version from 5.56 to 6.2.

I want to migrate /content/[project-name]/ all nodes from old to new one.

I tried with package manager but it did not succeeded as size is in GB.  and it throw Memory overflow error.

Any Help?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

the docs for upgrades all recommend doing an in place upgrade, as this is what is tested internally at Adobe. The alternative is to use CRX2OAK, as Feike suggested, which allows you to migrate a path from the source repository to the target repository. Please note though, the old and new repository must be stopped. 

However, you should note that an in-place upgrade does more than just migrate the content, there are also post upgrade tasks which are run which transform the content for OAK, for example if you use MSM, then these tasks would be missed if you only did a content migration with CRX2OAK.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Have a look at crx2oak, this is a filebased tool where the AEM-instances need to be offline.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

the docs for upgrades all recommend doing an in place upgrade, as this is what is tested internally at Adobe. The alternative is to use CRX2OAK, as Feike suggested, which allows you to migrate a path from the source repository to the target repository. Please note though, the old and new repository must be stopped. 

However, you should note that an in-place upgrade does more than just migrate the content, there are also post upgrade tasks which are run which transform the content for OAK, for example if you use MSM, then these tasks would be missed if you only did a content migration with CRX2OAK.

Regards,

Opkar