Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content backup

Level 2

Hello All,

I need some suggestion on how to take content back up every night in Dev and Tst regions! 

TIY,

Sai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3
  1. Create a scheduler and get the package filter path from OSGI configs.
  2. Create or build the package from the scheduler at a particular time with the cron expression
  3. Create a shell script with the curl command to download the created package from the scheduler, run it in the home directory
  4. Use the downloaded package.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @sai2teja I'm assuming your dev and test servers are on linux/ec2 private cloud. I did this in my case

1. Create a shell script in your home directory of the aem server that would use the cURL to create backup content package for the filters you want.
  2. Add an expression in crontab of the server that would run every day/night and execute your shell script
  3. Upload the created package on your file system/cloud and drip an email from the aem server about the backup package created.

Thanks

-Bilal

Correct answer by
Level 3
  1. Create a scheduler and get the package filter path from OSGI configs.
  2. Create or build the package from the scheduler at a particular time with the cron expression
  3. Create a shell script with the curl command to download the created package from the scheduler, run it in the home directory
  4. Use the downloaded package.