Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Author Delete privilege

Level 2

I have created a group for authors. I want everyone in this group to be able to "Create", "Modify" and "Delete" the content at a specific path. I have given Create/Modify/Delete access to this group. But when I login into AEM as one of these users, I see that the delete button is disabled. 

The delete button becomes active if I give "Replicate" permission to the group.  I think the "Replicate" permission is only to replicate the page to publish environment. 

Please let me know why "Replicate" permission is required for Authors (who are just content authors and not publishers) or if it has any other significance that I am not aware of.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

assume, that you have a page, which has already been activated (replicated). What will happen, when you're able to delete this page only on author? The page on publish is no longer managabl unless you recreate it. That's the reason, why you normally need the replication privilege to actually delete a page. If you want to clearly separate it, create custom workflows to handle these cases. In these workflows you can apply arbitrary logic to implement your usecase.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

assume, that you have a page, which has already been activated (replicated). What will happen, when you're able to delete this page only on author? The page on publish is no longer managabl unless you recreate it. That's the reason, why you normally need the replication privilege to actually delete a page. If you want to clearly separate it, create custom workflows to handle these cases. In these workflows you can apply arbitrary logic to implement your usecase.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2

Thanks smacdonald3008. I will go thru the doc to see if I can find anything.

Jörg Hoh - I am initiating a workflow when a page is deleted so I dont really need to give the Author a "replicate" permission. I do not want the Author to go to Replicate admin console and replicate the content from there (I know not everyonw will try to do this. But I do not want to give my customers the access they dont need). Any other suggestions?