Expand my Community achievements bar.

consistent oak snapshots with zfs

Level 3

Dear all,

I would like to be able to take consistent zfs snapshots of jackrabbit oak repository (currently used version 1.4.11, AEM 6.2 SP1). Unfortunately there seems to be no Flush&Lock mechanism integrated. When I try to use the snapshot (to migrate content or to rollback changes) there is an error:

*INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - No index found in tar file data02642a.tar, skipping...
*WARN*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Could not find a valid tar index in [repository/segmentstore/data02642a.tar], recovering...
*INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Recovering segments from tar file repository/segmentstore/data02642a.tar
*INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Backing up /www/backup/aem_content_sync/repository/segmentstore/data02642a.tar to data02642a.tar.bak
*INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.segment.file.TarReader - Regenerating tar file repository/segmentstore/data02642a.tar

After regeneration everything works fine, but I would like to completely avoid it. Is there a way to flush changes and lock writes for a short period of time?

Please point me in the right direction

Kind regards,

Ivan

2 Replies

Level 10

Checking with internal ppl on this question. 

Level 3

By the way, this issue is still interesting and highly relevant