Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Configuring AEM with JBoss EAP 6.1.0, apache and Dispatcher

Level 1

Hi,

We want to install AEM 6.0 SP2 on JBoss Application Server with Apache HTTP Server. As of now I see there are 2 ways to configure JBoss and Apache.

1. Configure JBoss and apache using mod_cluster. If we do this do we need a dispatcher ?

2. Configure dispatcher to route the request to JBoss application server. In this case how do we  configure clustering of JBoss.

3. Also if there are multiple publish instances, then is there any way i need to do the deployment once and not multiple times for each server.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I don't get your problem. Do you want to cluster AEM or do you want to cluster AEM and Apache HTTPD?

The standard deployment is to have a webserver (with the dispatcher module) sitting in front of AEM. If you want to have a cluster, the cluster is normally built on the AEM level (clustered repository). If your application server supports "clustering" to ease maintainenance, you can likely use it. But that appserver-clustering is not a replacement for the AEM clustering, and also not a prerequisite to run an AEM cluster. These are just 2 different meanings for the term "cluster", which can be confusing.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I don't get your problem. Do you want to cluster AEM or do you want to cluster AEM and Apache HTTPD?

The standard deployment is to have a webserver (with the dispatcher module) sitting in front of AEM. If you want to have a cluster, the cluster is normally built on the AEM level (clustered repository). If your application server supports "clustering" to ease maintainenance, you can likely use it. But that appserver-clustering is not a replacement for the AEM clustering, and also not a prerequisite to run an AEM cluster. These are just 2 different meanings for the term "cluster", which can be confusing.

kind regards,
Jörg