Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Configure plugins on a Multi Line Text ((RTE)) in Content Fragment

Level 1
I wanted to reach out to you to know if there is a way to add more plugins to a Multi Line Text (RTE) in a Content Fragment. I noticed that by default the Multi Line Text comes with a limited set of plugins and missing some of the plugins like "Source Edit" plugin and a few others. One of our clients need those extra plugins and I could not find any official documentation by Adobe where it explains how we can configure more plugins. Is there a reason to provide only a  certain set of plugins? Or is it on Adobe's roadmap to provide a configuration for it in the future?

I noticed that there is a blog which explains how to include some clientlibs to add more plugins, but as this is not official documentation by Adobe, I was not sure if we should go ahead and do what the blog says. Please advise on this as well.

Below is the screenshot of the default plugins available as of today in full screen mode. Please note there is no way to include other plugins like "Source Edit":

karansharma_0-1676418121412.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe can not cover each and every scenarios, that we faced in our day to day development activity, in its official documents because it is not known to them so most of the time we need to be dependent on some so called unofficial sites. But in unofficial sites if implementations are based on logic we must go for it.

Some time it is recommended to overlay the stuff from libs to the desired path so based on this logic, I don't see any issue in the multieditor enhancement, done in the above blog. If it meets your requirement you should use it.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe can not cover each and every scenarios, that we faced in our day to day development activity, in its official documents because it is not known to them so most of the time we need to be dependent on some so called unofficial sites. But in unofficial sites if implementations are based on logic we must go for it.

Some time it is recommended to overlay the stuff from libs to the desired path so based on this logic, I don't see any issue in the multieditor enhancement, done in the above blog. If it meets your requirement you should use it.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I mostly agree with you comment apart from the fact that RTE documentation is being deemed as a corner case, when it is NOT. RTE is as old as AEM and something tells me there might be a reason behind Adobe not exposing all plugins OR maybe it is on their roadmap. My question was also to check if someone knows about any official documentation I might have missed while searching, so I will wait for more comments on that.