Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Configuration in AEM in Testing/Staging/production environments

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I have my package ready in my development which is up and running if i want to move to the various environments like testing/staging/production environments what configurations i have to take care. can someone help me with the checklist would be very much helpful.

Regards

Pr@veen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Praveen,

in the very simplest cases you can just deploy your content package to each environment and it will work. It is only when you start to make changes to OCGI configurations, that you should really add these to your build with settings for specific environments. There are also other use cases such as only enabling a service on the author instance that can be stored. As you deploy your packages to the different environments and test the application, missing configurations will become obvious. There is no "list" as such that we can provide, it is very much project dependant.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Praveen,

I think may be talking about OSGI configurations, these would be deployed to all environments via run modes[0][1]. Which configurations you need to move, depends entirely on which OSGI configurations you have manually changed. For example, if you have configured an SMTP server, set up LDAP or SAML. i.e configurations that are different for each environment.

Is this what you were looking for?

Regards,

Opkar

[0] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/RunModeSetUp.html

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/deploy/configuring/configure-runmodes.html

Level 4

Hi opkar,

Thank you for your response.

I have my author/publisher instance in my development environment I want to set up testing/staging environment for my application testing to be deployed in these environment.

Can you please let me know how my development environment has been set up on the same line we need to do the set up for testing/staging environments is there any configuration I need to do I don't have any SMTP,LDAP and SAML integrations in my project.

Since I am doing this for the first time I need help from experts like you.

Regards

Pr@veen

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Praveen,

in the very simplest cases you can just deploy your content package to each environment and it will work. It is only when you start to make changes to OCGI configurations, that you should really add these to your build with settings for specific environments. There are also other use cases such as only enabling a service on the author instance that can be stored. As you deploy your packages to the different environments and test the application, missing configurations will become obvious. There is no "list" as such that we can provide, it is very much project dependant.

Regards,

Opkar