Expand my Community achievements bar.

Component parasys missing on the AEM page

Level 4

HI,

I am quite new to AEM development, so I would like to have some assistance. I have an angular component, for which I am trying to create an AEM component.

The component loads fine on the AEM page except that there is no parasys for the component and it takes the parasys of the next element on the page.

What could be the problem for the component not to have the parasys and take the parasys of the next component.

Regards

2 Replies

Level 10

To allow a component to be dropped into a page, you need to add parasy to the page component. For example:

Using HTL - the syntax would be:

<div data-sly-resource="${@ path='par_1', resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}" data-sly-unwrap></div>

See this article where we create a grid component and add a parsys to each column -- Creating a custom Touch UI Grid Component for Adobe Experience Manager

Once you create a valid Page component with a Parsys - you can add components to it.

Level 4

Hi,

the page has the parsys already and it works fine for all other components. The problem is only with the component which was developed with angular framework. I have created an AEM component for this angular component and added the javascript produced from the angular build using the sly tags. Not sure what  could cause this problem.

Regards