Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Component in template does not show up in a page

Level 2

I am having an issue where a custom component called "metadata" is in a custom template, and shows up in the template editor, but does not appear in the page that is made with the template.

Here is the template editor in AEM:

rkody_0-1697052618291.png

"I EXIST" is there showing that the component is in fact in the template. Here is the html of the "metadata" component:

<sly data-sly-use.Metadata="com.project.aem.dita.core.models.Metadata"></sly>
<div class="dita_metadata_group">
    <h1>I EXIST</h1>
    <sly data-sly-test="${Metadata.updatedDate}">
        <p class="prop">${'UPDATED' @ i18n}: <span class="prop_value">${Metadata.updatedDate}</span></p>
    </sly>
    <sly data-sly-test="${Metadata.documentId}">
        <p class="prop">${'DOCUMENT ID' @ i18n}: <span class="prop_value">${Metadata.documentId}</span></p>
    </sly>
</div>

However, when a page is created with that template, "I EXIST" does not display. I even debugged my local instance and the component init function never gets called like it does on the template editor page.

protected void initMetadata() throws RepositoryException {
}

What would cause a component to not display?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I figured out that because I was making edits to the template and moving things around, I needed to create a brand new page with the template. I was only testing with a page that was already created with the old version of the template.

Creating a new page allowed the metadata component to appear with no issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @rkody 

Can you please check if you have cq:template property on the jcr:content node of the Page?

aanchalsikka_0-1697080701682.png

If absent, please append and check the component. The property should also be available on template's structure node 

aanchalsikka_2-1697080787824.png

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I figured out that because I was making edits to the template and moving things around, I needed to create a brand new page with the template. I was only testing with a page that was already created with the old version of the template.

Creating a new page allowed the metadata component to appear with no issues.