Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Communities Settings

Community Advisor

Hello,

While setting up communities and a new group I find that the group can be created from Publish instance, but the settings of the community group can only be controlled from author instance.

Any suggestions or hurdles any one face or see for doing this from publish side? I see that I can add desired properties to the 'configuration' folder node, but not sure whether it will sync to other publish instances (and author). For creating the new group I see that social:createCommunityGroups operation is called. In the JS I am not seeing any similar operation that could update/add a property for the community. Please let me know if something is missed there.

Using AEM 6.2 SP1 FP3

Regards,

Shubham

3 Replies

Administrator

Checking internally with AEM Communities team!

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Shubham,

you may find your answer here - Communities User Synchronization

Check - 'New Community Group is created on Publish'.

Groups creation request initiated on a publish instance is internally executed on author instance and once group is created , its replicated to all the publish instance in the farm.

Community Advisor

Thanks Ashok

I went through the 'New Community Group is created on Publish' part of the documentation. It mentions about creation of a new group. However after creation, how to update/change settings is the question. For example, if I want to change the group from 'Open' to 'Secret' type. Or upload a community group thumbnail from Publish side. In such case is there any backend call that can be initiated?

I am trying to see around a js post call where /communities/Groups/jcr:content/content/primary/communitygroups.social.json  can be called, and in form data I can pass operation: "social:updateCommunityGroups". However for this not sure what component hbs needs to be extended (if required), what other form parameters to be passed

Adding update: I found "com.adobe.cq.social.group.client.endpoints.AbstractCommunityGroupOperationService" has method

public Resource update(SlingHttpServletRequest request)

Can this be somehow utilized? Again the question is if this operation is carried out from publish instance, will it "actually occur on the author instance and then get replicated to publish instances"? Like it happens for "create" when a community group is created.