Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Comments Component and Activity Stream

Level 2

We have some content pages that we have put a comments component at the bottom of (/libs/social/commons/components/hbs/comments). The commenting works great and is stored properly, but the comments are never added to the activity stream.  We'd like to leverage the comments component to allow commenting on non-social content, but would like that to still show up in a user's activity stream. The only things I can think of is that either we are missing a client lib of some kind or it is because the comments component isn't being placed inside a social component (like a topic or post). Anyways, if someone could help me come up with some ideas on how to get the comments component to hit the activity stream, I would be forever grateful. 🙂 Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 2

Just to give some context into what I've been looking at to solve the issue:
I have been looking at the journal (blog) component as it has comments (well a comment component anyways), but the supertype of the Journal component's comment component is social/forum/components/hbs/post. The Journal's comment components are displayed within the Journal's entry topic component (/libs/social/commons/components/hbs/comments) which has a supertype of social/forum/components/hbs/topic. Maybe not a lot there or a dead end, but that is what I have been looking at.